Join our HappinessFirst team
Our staff are Our People they are at the heart of everything that we do at HappinessFirst. We invest in their professional growth and learning, whilst hand picking the best, most passionate and caring support workers.
By choosing the right candidates we can continue to deliver the highest quality service for our participants and their families whilst supporting them to live their best life.
Why work for us?
- You get to choose the participants you work with, the services you want to deliver and the hours you want to work.
- We match your skills and interests with your participants interests, to enable a smooth connection.
- You are employed by HappinessFirst, you get all the benefits of superannuation, training and a team environment – you are not a contractor.
- Aware wage – we even offer slightly above aware rates! We follow the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2020 (also referred to as the “SCHADS Award”), so your pay rates are guaranteed and determined annually. Our pay covers penalty rates for higher wages when working nights, weekends or public holidays, as well as overtime. YES – we pay superannuation and long service leave (as required) enabling the long-term financial security of Our People.
- We minimize your travel time between participants.
- We provide you with complimentary certified professional development and learning opportunities, keeping your skills up-to-date.
- You are covered by our company insurances (public liability, personal accident, and professional indemnity).
What you can expect from us
- We are an Australian owned NDIS Registered Company with expertise in the disability service industry.
- We value a family-oriented working culture, meaning our workplace is bound together as a family would be. Holding the values of loyalty, collaboration and decision-making involves input from multiple parties to come to a final consensus – Our People are our top priority.
- We promise our participants we will work creatively and relentlessly with them to unlock their potential and support them with living their best life.
- We invest in Our People by providing ongoing support and professional development.
What we ask of you
- You take pride in HappinessFirst’s reputation by always acting with care, patience and integrity to our participants and your fellow employees
- You commit to and deliver our services, whilst always keeping in mind our organisational values.
- You share our commitment to always putting our participants and their families care and interests first.
What do I need to get started?
We have 2 direct paths for Our People to-be:
- Candidates who have a related qualification, NDIS training and/or years of experience. See our current vacancies below.
- Candidates who would like a career change, who wish to entre the disability sector – Visit our Transition2Disability Program.